Topic Suggestion Description
Date submitted: October 31, 2013
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
- What interventions are successful in preventing postop infections in vitrectomies on patients with multiple comorbidities. How many and what comorbidities put patients at a higher risk for infection.
- Describe why this topic is important.
- Patients with multiple comorbidities are a higher risk for infection. In ambulatory surgery centers we don't know until they arrive that they have multiple comorbidities. That eliminates our option to decrease bacterial/fungal normal flora load prior to surgery with antiseptic showers.
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
- We need a preop solution after arrival to the surgery center for our patients who are a higher risk for infection to decrease our infection risk for that class of patients. Or we need a post op solution.
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- Infection Control Coordinator, RN BSN CLNC
- If you are you making a suggestion on behalf of an organization, please state the name of the organization
- DuPage Eye Surgery Center
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program
- I get regular updates from AHRQ