Topic Suggestion Description
Date submitted: August 19, 2013
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
- I am a 58 year old women treating HVC for 14 years with Peg-Intron and Ribavirin. No one has thought of sharing a coke straw as a way of transmitting the disease. Open membranes and blood to blood.
- Describe why this topic is important.
- It hasn't been discussed as a possible way of transmitting it. Coke users use dollar bills, drinking straws, fancy gold straws...it doesn't matter. You don't sterilize in between usages...and inside the straw is a breeding ground.
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
- People my age used coke as the social drug in the 80's and beyond.. No one thought about a straw as a conductor.
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- I am a patient.
- If you are you making a suggestion on behalf of an organization, please state the name of the organization
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program