Topic Suggestion Description
View Topic Suggestion Disposition (PDF) 129 kB
- 1. Your Nomination - Please briefly describe in your own words the question about a health care test or treatment that interests or concerns you:
- More information is needed on the long-term effects of antipsychotic therapy in older adults. Please consider new research in the benefits and harms of treating patients with atypical antipsychotics.
- 2. Why do you think your question is important? (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
My question relates to a very common disease or problem
People with this disease or problem have considerable health or financial hardships
There is uncertainty about how well the test, treatment, or intervention works
There is significant potential for side effects/harms using this test, treatment, or intervention
Funding of this test, treatment, or intervention is uncertain or variable
There is unequal access or application of this health care intervention across providers
There is potential for cost savings from better information on this subject
This is a new technology/development
There is new evidence of clinical and/or cost effectiveness for this test, treatment, or intervention
Other, please specify
- 3. What illness or health condition is related to your question? (You can also specify a particular health-promoting activity, such as breast-feeding)
- 4. What group(s) or patients does your question apply to?
- 5. What is the specific purpose of the health care test or treatment you have a question about? (mark all that you think apply)
Identification of a disease or condition:
Screening or diagnosis/identification for a particular disease, or risk assessment for a disease
Risks or harms that can come from a disease identification tool or test
Diagnostic tests and tools
Diagnosis of co-occurring diseases
Treatment of a particular disease or condition:
Intervention (such as a drug treatment, therapy, device)
Management of a condition or particular system of care
Delivery of a health service
Risks or harms associated with treatment of a disease or condition
Prevention of a particular disease or condition:
Prevention or health promotion
Specific population health concerns, such as ethnic group or gender
Other, please specify:
If you aren't certain about which category to select, you may select 'don't know'
- 6. Does your question include a comparison of different health care approaches?
If yes, please list what you would like to see compared:
Different antipsychotic therapies.
- 7. Desired Health Improvements: If you question focuses on:
Identification of a particular disease or condition, what improvements in identification or diagnosis would you like to see?
Appropriate use of therapy.
Treatment of a particular disease or condition, what improvements in patient symptoms or problems would you like to see?
Improved quality of life.
- 8. Harms: Are there risks, side effects, or harms you are concerned about? If yes, please specify what those are:
- 9. Based on your answers to the previous questions, what research question(s) would you like to have answered?
- 10. Are there health-care focused, disease-focused, or patient-focused organizations that you see as being relevant to this issue? Who do you think we should contact as we consider your nomination?
- 11. Other Information About You (OPTIONAL)
In order to help us understand the context of your health care question, it would be helpful to know more about you. The answers you give will not influence the progress of your suggestion. Thank you.
a. Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
Administrator - hospital or other organization
Continuous quality improvement group
Health benefits plan/Insurance carrier
Health Care industry (device)
Health Care industry (drug)
Health Care industry (other)
Health Care Payer/Purchaser (employer)
Health Care Payer/Purchaser (federal government)
Health Care Payer/Purchaser (state government)
Other Health Care Professional
b. Is there any other information about you that is relevant to your question?
c. Are you making a suggestion as an individual or on behalf of an organization?