Adjunctive Devices for Patients With Acute Coronary Syndromes Undergoing Percutaneous Coronary Intervention
Comparative Effectiveness of Adjunctive Catheter Aspiration Thrombectomy Devices Versus PCI Alone in Patients With ACS
Catheter Aspiration Devices in Patients With STEMI:
Eleven RCTs evaluated the impact of catheter aspiration devices versus a control on mortality using the maximal duration of followup. One trial was excluded from the pooled analysis of relative risk because no events occurred in either group during the prespecified time period.
Catheter Aspiration Devices in Other ACS Populations:
One RCT evaluated the impact of the catheter aspiration device RescueTM PT versus a control on mortality in patients with acute MI.
- Burzotta F, Trani C, Romagnoli E, et al. Manual thrombus-aspiration improves myocardial reperfusion: the randomized evaluation of the effect of mechanical reduction of distal embolization by thrombus-aspiration in primary and rescue angioplasty (REMEDIA) trial. J Am Coll Cardiol 2005;46:371-6. PMID: 16022970.
- Chao CL, Hung CS, Lin YH, et al. Time-dependent benefit of initial thrombosuction on myocardial reperfusion in primary percutaneous coronary intervention. Int J Clin Pract 2008;62:555-61. PMID: 18067561.
- Chevalier B, Gilard M, Lang I, et al. Systematic primary aspiration in acute myocardial percutaneous intervention: a multicentre randomised controlled trial of the export aspiration catheter. EuroIntervention 2008;4:222-8. PMID: 19110787.
- De Luca L, Sardella G, Davidson CJ, et al. Impact of intracoronary aspiration thrombectomy during primary angioplasty on left ventricular remodelling in patients with anterior ST elevation myocardial infarction. Heart 2006;92:951-7. PMID: 16251226.
- Dudek D, De Feyter PJ. Polish-Italian-Hungarian Randomized Thrombectomy Trial (PIHRATE trial). European Society of Cardiology Congress; 2008 Aug 30 to Sep 03; Munich, Germany. Available at www.escardio.org/CONGRESSES/ESC2008/CONGRESS-REPORTS/Pages/779-980-dudek-defeyter.aspx. Accessed April 23, 2010.
- Dudek D, Mielecki W, Burzotta F, et al. Thrombus aspiration followed by direct stenting: a novel strategy of primary percutaneous coronary intervention in ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction. Results of the Polish-Italian-Hungarian RAndomized ThrombEctomy Trial (PIHRATE Trial). Am Heart J 2010;160:966-72. PMID: 21095287.
- Ikari Y, Sakurada M, Kozuma K, et al. Upfront thrombus aspiration in primary coronary intervention for patients with ST-segment elevation acute myocardial infarction: report of the VAMPIRE (VAcuuM asPIration thrombus REmoval) trial. JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2008;1:424-31. PMID: 19463340.
- Kaltoft A, Bottcher M, Nielsen SS, et al. Routine thrombectomy in percutaneous coronary intervention for acute ST-segment-elevation myocardial infarction: a randomized, controlled trial. Circulation 2006;114:40-7. PMID: 16801464.
- Kunii H, Kijima M, Araki T, et al. Lack of efficacy of intracoronary thrombus aspiration before coronary stenting in patients with acute myocardial infarction: a multicenter randomized trial. J Am Coll Cardiol 2004;43:245A-6A .
- Noel B, Morice MC, Lefevre T. Thromboaspiration in acute ST elevation MI improves myocardial infarction. Circulation 2005;112(Suppl II):519.
- Sardella G, Mancone M, Bucciarelli-Ducci C, et al. Thrombus aspiration during primary percutaneous coronary intervention improves myocardial reperfusion and reduces infarct size: the EXPIRA (thrombectomy with export catheter in infarct-related artery during primary percutaneous coronary intervention) prospective, randomized trial. J Am Coll Cardiol 2009;53:309-15. PMID: 19161878.
- Sardella G, Mancone M, Canali E, et al. Impact of thrombectomy with EXPort Catheter in Infarct-Related Artery during Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (EXPIRA Trial) on cardiac death. Am J Cardiol 2010;106:624-9. PMID: 20723635.
- Silva-Orrego P, Colombo P, Bigi R, et al. Thrombosis aspiration before primary angioplasty improves myocardial peperfusion in acute myocardial infarction: the DEAR-MI (Dethrombosis to Enhance Acute Reperfusion in Myocardial Infarction) Study. J Am Coll Cardiol 2006;48:1552-9. PMID: 17045887.
- Svilaas T, Vlaar PJ, van der Horst IC, et al. Thrombus aspiration during primary percutaneous coronary intervention. N Engl J Med 2008;358:557-67. PMID: 18256391.
- Vlaar PJ, Svilaas T, van der Horst IC, et al. Cardiac death and reinfarction after 1 year in the Thrombus Aspiration during Percutaneous coronary intervention in Acute myocardial infarction Study (TAPAS): a 1-year follow-up study. Lancet 2008;371:1915-20. PMID: 18539223.
Your slide tray is being processed.