Add Presentation to Slide Tray Presentation:
First-Generation Versus Second-Generation Antipsychotics in Adults: Comparative Effectiveness
What To Discuss With Patients and Their Caregivers
In discussing antipsychotic treatment options for schizophrenia or bipolar disorder with patients and their caregivers, some topics that can refer to the clinical evidence about these interventions are:
- The potential benefits of antipsychotics
- The risks of adverse effects, including irreversible extrapyramidal symptoms, when antipsychotics are used
- The trade-offs between benefits and adverse effects
- Patient and caregiver preferences and values regarding treatment
- Abou-Setta AM, Mousavi SS, Spooner C, et al. First-Generation Versus Second-Generation Antipsychotics in Adults: Comparative Effectiveness. Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 63 (Prepared by the University of Alberta Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. 290-2007-10021). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; August 2012. AHRQ Publication No. 12-EHC054-EF. Available at www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/antipsychotics-adult.cfm.
Your slide tray is being processed.