Add Presentation to Slide Tray Presentation:
Off-Label Use of Atypical Antipsychotics: An Update
Outline of Material
- The material begins with an introduction to atypical antipsychotics and their use off-label.
- The systematic review methods used to develop the comparative effectiveness review (CER) are presented.
- The clinical questions addressed by the CER are presented, as well as a review of the modes of statistical analysis and results reporting in the CER.
- The results of studies and evidence-based conclusions about effectiveness and adverse effects of atypical antipsychotics used off-label are presented.
- Gaps in knowledge revealed by the review process are presented.
- Some suggestions are made for what to discuss with patients and their caregivers, based on the CER findings.
- Maglione M, Ruelaz Maher A, Hu J, et al. Off-Label Use of Atypical Antipsychotics: An Update. Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 43 (Prepared by the Southern California RAND Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. HHSA 290-2007-10062-I). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; September 2011. AHRQ Publication No. 11(12)-EHC087-EF. Available at www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/offlabelantipsych.cfm.
Your slide tray is being processed.