Add Presentation to Slide Tray Presentation:
Comparative Effectiveness of Management Strategies for Adults With Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: An Update
What To Discuss With Your Patients
Things you should discuss with your patients and their caregivers regarding GERD and its treatment include:
- The role that the severity of GERD symptoms plays in determining treatment
- The potential risks for complications from untreated GERD
- The need for consistent use of GERD medications if prescribed
- The availability of GERD treatments without prescription
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration warning about clopidogrel and omeprazole
- The effect of obesity on GERD treatment outcomes
- The advantages and disadvantages of medical versus surgical GERD treatments
GERD = gastroesophageal reflux disease
- Ip S, Chung M, Moorthy D, et al. Comparative Effectiveness of Management Strategies for Adults With Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease: An Update. Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 29 (Prepared by the Tufts Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. HHSA 290-2007-10055-I). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; September 2011. AHRQ Publication No. 11-EHC049-EF. Available at www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/gerdupdate.cfm.
Your slide tray is being processed.