Add Presentation to Slide Tray Presentation:
Self-Measured Blood Pressure Monitoring
Authors: Katrin Uhlig, MD, MS
What To Discuss With Your Patients and Their Caregivers
Things you should discuss with your patients and their caregivers regarding SMBP monitoring to help manage hypertension:
- The importance of effectively controlling high BP
- The link between measuring BP and controlling high BP
- The importance of adherence to strategies aimed at managing hypertension such as lifestyle and dietary modifications and medication
- How SMBP monitoring allows patients to participate more actively in managing their BP
- The types of SMBP devices available and how to operate the device selected for the patient
- Uhlig K, Balk EM, Patel K, et al. Self-Measured Blood Pressure Monitoring. Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 45 (Prepared by Tufts Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. HHSA 290-2007-10055-I). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; January 2012. AHRQ Publication No.12-EHC002-EF. Available at: http://www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/selfmeasuredbp.cfm.
Your slide tray is being processed.