Add Presentation to Slide Tray Presentation:
Clostridium difficile Infections: Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prevention
What To Discuss With Your Patients
In order to facilitate shared decisionmaking and keep your patients involved in their own care, there are several things that clinicians should address with their patients including:
- What risk factors they may have that makes them or someone they care for susceptible to CDI.
- If they or someone they care for has CDI, how they can help prevent the spread of the infection.
- Which antibiotic treatment is appropriate for their CDI.
- Whether or not nonstandard interventions would be beneficial especially considering their availability and potential costs to the patient.
- Butler M, Bliss D, Drekonja D, Filice G, Rector T, MacDonald R, Wilt T. Effectiveness of Early Diagnosis, Prevention, and Treatment of Clostridium difficile Infection. Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 31 (Prepared by the Minnesota Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. 290-02-0009.) AHRQ Publication No. 11(12)-EHC051-EF. Rockville, MD. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. December 2011. Available at: http://www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/index.cfm/search-for-guides-reviews-and-reports/?pageaction=displayproduct&productID=772.
Your slide tray is being processed.