- Search for Research Summaries, Reviews, and Reports
- EPC Project
Related Products for this Topic
- Executive Summary Sept. 25, 2006
Research Review - Final – Sept. 25, 2006
Comparative Effectiveness and Safety of Analgesics for Osteoarthritis
- Final Report (PDF) 579 kB
- Final Appendixes (PDF) 343 kB
- Web Version (NLM Site)
- Help with Viewers, Players, and Plug-ins
Archived: This report has been updated.
People using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in these files. For additional assistance, please contact us.
The purpose of this report was to assess the comparative efficacy and safety of non-opioid oral medications (selective and non-selective non-aspirin NSAIDs, aspirin, salsalate, and acetaminophen), over-the-counter supplements (chondroitin and glucosamine), and topical agents (NSAIDs and rubefacients, including capsaicin) for osteoarthritis.