- Who Is Involved in the Effective Health Care Program
- About the Scientific Resource Center
About the Scientific Resource Center
The Scientific Resource Center (SRC) supports the activities of the Effective Health Care Program in a variety of ways, including:
- Scientific and technical support to protect scientific credibility and independence of Effective Health Care Program products
- Coordinating peer review for comparative effectiveness reviews and other products
- Supporting of the work of reviews and other research projects by supplying trusted methods for conducting the research itself and by maintaining the Methods Guide for Effectiveness and Comparative Effectiveness Reviews
- Technical support for topic nomination development and selection processes
- Information resource services for researchers, including a methods library, an evidence synthesis methods searching tool, and an email alert service of new evidence synthesis methods publications.
The Scientific Resource Center is located at the Portland VA Research Foundation and is led by Mark Helfand, M.D., M.P.H., Director, and Jeanne-Marie Guise, M.D., M.P.H., Associate Director.